Siblings of new students as well as family members of non-traditional students may not find orientation information to be helpful.
What are the advantages of attending Parent & Family Orientation?
- Meet with university representatives to learn more about the JWU community
- Learn about on-campus resources available to you and your student
- If you have not completed a payment plan, you may meet with a Student Financial Services representative to finalize your method of payment for tuition and fees. However, we encourage you to complete this prior to Orientation so you don’t miss any of the program
- Meet and connect with current students and families
- Interact with student leaders to understand the college perspective
- Speak with Parent & Family Advisory Board (PFAB) members whose students are currently enrolled at JWU
- Learn how you can become involved as a family member
- Get your questions answered and gather valuable resources
Summer Orientation Fee
Families are encouraged to participate in the two-day program designed especially for them. There is a non-refundable $40-per-person fee for family members attending orientation which offsets the cost of meals, transportation and resource materials. Overnight accommodations are not included.
Family Members with Reasonable Accommodation Requests:
Family members requiring reasonable accommodation(s) while attending orientation should indicate their request when registering.
Any reasonable accommodation request must be submitted 2 weeks prior to your arrival on campus.
Please contact New Student Orientation & Support Programs at 401-598-2648 if you require additional information.